So here are some that are not so familiar to you but used by many in promoting their product in the internet:
1. Twitter – You can share your product through a tweet in this site same as sharing in Facebook but has a character limit of 140 characters. But the site announced that in the coming there will be changes in the count depending on tweets or responses.
2. Linkedin – This social media site also has millions of users and mostly employers and job seekers so your offer might be noticed if you’ll try posting it here.
3. Youtube – Of course, the number one video sharing site where you can share your self-made videos about yourself and your product. Just be creative and someone will find your offer in this site.
4. Slideshare – This is a document sharing site where you can upload presentations in Powerpoint (PPT), DOC and in PDF format (e-book). Also shared by thousands of users around the world and same with Youtube, creativity and being informative is the key.
5. Google+ - This is also part of Google’s sites in social media platform. You can share your offers here but make sure that you provide value first to avoid being ignored.
6. Blogger – This is another Google site for free blogging. You can create free blog that will showcase your product. There are many tweaks you can make here aside from being a free blog interface; you can also create a squeeze page if you already have a third party autoresponder service. You are free to put links, pictures, videos (embed) and many more.
7. Tinyurl.com and bit.ly – These are URL shortener sites that you can use to avoid being banned in social media sites while posting your affiliate or business links.
8. Clickmeter – This is a link shortener and tracker site. You can shorten your links here and monitor traffic that comes to your links. It has free and paid membership which is useful if you are handling many links.
9. Pinoy Forum Sites – Start as a member and comments on questions that you know. Once you spend a week in a site, you can edit your signature and put the link of your product. Comment as often to get noticed. Top Philippine forum sites: Symbianize, Pinoy Exchange, Pinoyden, PHcorner, Pinoy Money Talk, etc.
10. Email Marketing Tool/Autoresponder – If you’re serious with your business, you might want this badly since it can help you build your list of prospects whom you can promote your business thru email in a regular basis and you can also do follow ups. Monthly subscription is required in this service though but you can try their free trials for one month. This will automate the process of promoting, prospecting, selling, closing, and then get sales. Here you can implement squeeze page or landing page to connect with your targeted buyers. Example: GetResponse, Aweber, Mailchimp, etc.
11. Domain name and hosting – Talking about serious online business, these two are partners. To be able to reach the whole world without too much promotion, running a hosted blog is an advantage. So domain name as the name of your site and web hosting to host your files. This also requires monthly or annual subscription that’s why it’s for serious online marketers aiming for long term business. Example: GoDaddy, Namecheap, Bluehost, Hostgator, iPage, etc.
12. Classified Ads – There are many of these sites that you can post ads for free. You may try this since many users are searching opportunities from these sites.
13. Weebly – This is also another free site for blogging or making landing pages of your product.
14. Wix – Drag and drop site for blogging and business purposes with comes with templates and nice GUI.
15. Webinars – If you want your prospects to see you presenting your product live, then secure one of these sites that offers webinar event capability.
There are a lot of online marketing tools to mention and I’m giving you now the opportunity to figure the rest out.
Good luck and please share this if it helps. Thank you.